In the spring, nothing is better than getting some new luxury candles. At this time of year, we are generally doing some spring cleaning of our homes and adding some scented candles can be a great way to freshen up your home some more and add a fresh scent throughout all your rooms. Once you have finished cleaning and airing out, quality scented candles such as Archipelago candles add gorgeous decorative accents and a wonderful scent to your home.
Spring is also a time for some changes. Most of us are making some changes in our finances after tax season and maybe getting our homes and gardens ready for the warmer days and evenings. Luxury candles are an affordable luxury that can transform your home and garden into a wonderful haven, without a huge cost. Here’s how to rejuvenate your home for spring with quality scented candles:
1) Lighten up your home fragrances. Home sprays leave a heavy layer of scent in your home, which is probably not what you want when you can throw open your windows and let some air in. Also, get rid of scents that are heavily woodsy and musky. Instead, opt for lighter citrus and floral scents. Try Diptyque candles, for example, for a range of wonderful scents that are perfect for the lighter days of spring.
2) Get rid of heavy, dark-colored furnishings and décor accessories. Warmer days mean less clutter, lighter colors, white slipcovers on the furniture, and rattan rugs. Create a beach house look in your home by decorating with candles, seashells, and just a few treasured pieces.
3) Create a summery look by placing scented candles in large glass jars, vases, bowls, or even old-fashioned glass lanterns. This looks gorgeous on summer nights.
4) Turn off the lights and dine by candlelight every night. Cluster candles together on a dining table, sideboard or mantle for a wonderfully romantic and relaxing meal. Dining by candlelight is also ecologically smart – most of us use more energy in the summer on air conditioning, so giving our power use a break for a few hours each night really adds up.
5) Don’t forget the outdoors. Candles outdoors are wonderful in the summer. On a summer night, cluster candles by your pool before you go for a swim. Or, dine outdoors by candlelight. You can even light your patio party with clusters of candles. Candles are so portable that you can easily tuck them into a picnic hamper you take to the beach, cottage, or park for a great ambience as you eat.
6) Stock up on candles before those summer storms hit. Of course, you can light your house during a power outage with cheap candles from the discount store. But you can also turn your lights out into a romantic adventure with beautiful scented candles. Which sounds better?