Soy Candles are very popular today, but few customers know much about them. Candles made from soy wax are made from a natural wax made from soybeans. Soybeans are very safe and are used as a food source and to make many products, including cosmetics. Using natural wax for candles is nothing new. In the past, people made candles from beeswax or from tallow and fats. Fat-based candles tended to burn uncleanly and didn’t last long. Beeswax candles also lasted a short period of time and were more expensive. As a result, in modern times, many candle manufacturers began making candles from synthetic petroleum and paraffin products. While these candles were affordable and burned longer, eventually customers became concerned about the health effects of these candles. As well, these synthetic candles tended to retain scent imperfectly and tended to produce more soot.
Soy candles are different. Since they are made with natural wax, they produce less soot and hold fragrance better. Soy candles such as Archipelago Botanical candles, the Barbara Barry Bedroom candle, Votivo candles and other quality soy candles offer long burning times and beautiful, fragrant light.
Did you Know….?
- Soy candles support local farmers. Many soybeans are grown right in the United States and candles create a big demand for this product. By buying soy candles, you are supporting the local economy.
- 100% pure soy wax candles with natural candle wicks contain no cancer-causing, toxic chemicals. In comparison, cheap candles made from synthetic waxes have been found to contain wax and other harmful chemicals. Paraffin candles contain toluene, benzene, two carcinogenic chemicals, as well as other toxic chemicals. Natural soybean wax candles do not contain such substances.
- Soy wax produces smaller amounts of soot and generally produces minimal amounts of a white soot that is hard to see.
- During the hydrogenation process that converts soy oil into wax, pesticide and herbicide traces are easily removed, so natural soy wax candles do not contain these dangerous substances.
- Soy candles made with essential oils can be used for aromatherapy.
- Sobyean is a renewable resource and as a result boy candles are considered an environmentally-friendly choice.
- Some studies have suggested that soy candles burn 30% longer than some synthetic candles.
- Soy candles have good fragrance throw. This refers to the strength of scent a candle gives off. Soy candles have scent incorporated into the wax, unlike some paraffin candles, which are merely coated in scent. This means that soy candles give off a rich scent until the last drop.
- The first soy candle was developed by a group of students at Purdue University. The students won the Indiana Soybean Development Council and Purdue’s Department of Agronomy prize for their candle.
- Soy wax is easily cleaned with soap and water if it spills. Paraffin wax, however, leaves a greasy stain that is hard to remove.
There are many reasons why soy wax candles are one of the best choices for customers today. Why not try a luxury soy candle today and explore an affordable luxury that can transform your home.