For everyday use, it’s hard to beat soy candles. Sox candles are made from a hydrogenated soybean oil, more commonly known as soy wax. In 1992, a man named Michael Richards invented this type of wax while looking for options beyond beeswax. Since then, soy candles have grown rapidly in popularity. Now, there are soy candles available in every style, size, and fragrance. If you want to use candles or scented candles every day, there are lots of reasons why you will want to choose soy candles over paraffin wax candles (traditional candles):
1) Soy candles are less expensive. Soy wax is cost-effective, so you don’t have to spend a fortune to enjoy the beauty and fragrance of candles every day.
2) Soy candles are kinder to the environment. Most traditional candles are made from petroleum, which is a non-renewable resource and releases CO2 into the atmosphere. Soy candles pollute less and are made from a renewable resource, which is important if you love candles and want to use them regularly.
3) Soy candles have a longer burn time. Good quality soy candles can last up to 50% longer than traditional paraffin wax candles. This means that for every day use, you get more value from soy candles and you will have to change candles less often.
4) Soy candles make clean up easy. If you burn candles every day, spills and accidents are inevitable. The nice thing about soy wax is that it easy to clean, so you don’t have to worry about scrubbing your furniture or rugs like crazy if you do have a little spill.
5) Soy candles come in wonderful scents. There are so many wonderful soy candles to choose from now that it’s ridiculous. A Scent of Scandal Hot Mama Candle, for example, is a gorgeous candle with a wonderful sugar and spice fragrance. The Archipelago Home Currant Candle is one of the most popular scented candles out there, a real hit with celebrities and just about everyone. Whatever mood you want to set, there is a soy candles that can help you create the ambience of your choice.
6) Soy candles are kinder to your indoor air quality. Soot is a natural byproduct of candles, but soy candles cut the soot in your home by 90% when compared to traditional paraffin candles. This is crucial, since soot can coat your walls and can also be very unhealthy to breathe.
7) Scented soy candles disperse scent more effectively. If you want to fill your home with luscious fragrance, soy candles are a great choice. This is because soy wax allows for cooler burning temperatures than paraffin, allowing fragrance to disperse more quickly. As well, since soy wax has a low melting point, soy candles produce a large liquid pool of wax, and is from this liquid that scent is dispersed.