During the summer holidays, candles can be a great way to relax, celebrate the holiday, and even create a wonderful atmosphere during the warmest months of the year. Many people associate candles with the indoors and with colder weather, but there are in fact many reasons why candles are just perfect for the summer holidays:
1) Candles are great for summer holiday travel plans. If you are heading anywhere, it makes sense to pack a few extra candles with you. If you are headed to the cottage or to your vacation home, for example, candles are a must. They can help you freshen up your vacation home and make it smell great – even if it smells musty after being closed up for the year. Luxury candles such as Archipelago Candles can make your cottage or vacation feel and smell wonderful – just like home. Not only can scented candles make your home away from home smell and look great, but they are essential in case of a power outage. If you are going to be staying in hotels on your vacation, scented candles can make your hotel room smell great and seem more like home.
2) Candles are a great way to keep your home smelling fresh. During the summer months, swimming trunks, pets, and plenty of trekking indoors and out can make keeping your home clean a challenge. You don’t want to spend every beautiful Saturday indoors, scrubbing, which is why scented candles such as Tocca candles are so handy – they make your home smell heavenly even when you are on the go.
3) Candles are a great way to light up evenings on the patio or deck. During the warm months, we tend to spend more time on our patios, balconies, decks, and in our gardens. If you have an outdoor space, you can transform it into something really special at night by lighting a few candles. They can transform alfresco dining or a barbeque party into something really fabulous.
4) Candles can be a great way to unwind. During the summer, we tend to be busier than ever. With kids home from school, work schedules, and vacation time to schedule in, it can still be hard to find time to yourself. Candles are a great indulgence that can remind you to be a little kinder to yourself.
5) Candles are a great alternative to bonfires. Most of us grew up with summertime bonfires and campfires. While these were fun and magical, laws regarding fires have become much more strict. If you can’t tell scary stories around a fire because of local laws, you can still (safely) enjoy the magic of open flame by lighting dozens of candles in your yard and transforming the outdoors into a magical place.
6) Candles are great for those summer night storms. In most parts of the country, summer means thunderstorms and power outages. You could light up simple emergency candles, but choosing luxury scented candles transforms a simple power outage into a time for romance or relaxation.