Candles are an essential part of the holiday tradition the world over. Candles add a glow of light and scent to your celebrations and are a perfect way to decorate. They are also deeply symbolic of the lightness of hope that comes at the darkest part of the year. There are many ways that you can make candles part of your holidays this year:
1) Give candles as gifts. Candles make wonderful gifts, because they are both practical and luxurious. Quality luxury candles are always appreciated – your recipients will enjoy a new luxury candle to try and will think of you every time they light the candle in their home. Candles are also appropriate for just about everyone on your gift. For this reason, it pays to have a few extra luxury candles gift-wrapped around your home for those “surprise” gift exchanges. One great option for gift-giving is the Archipelago Cinnamon Spice candle, made of a high quality soy wax blend and carefully hand poured. With a wonderful scent of cinnamon and spices, it’s a great candle for gift-giving.
2) Tuck unlit luxury scented holiday candles among your holiday cards, gift wrap, and ribbons. It will give your gifts a little extra bit of scent and holiday spirit. One candle you may want to use to scent your holiday papers with is the Baroness von Neumann Fete Candle. With a rich scent of orange, Seychelles cinnamon, clove, Norwegian pine, patchouli and amberwood, this candle will delight all your senses and make your gift-wrapping extra-special. Plus, once your wrapping materials and cards are wonderfully scented, you can also burn your scented candle as a nice treat for yourself.
3) Decorate your home with candles. Richly scented and richly hued holiday candles are the perfect way to decorate for the holidays – effortlessly. Group holiday candles on a mantelpiece or near some greenery for attractive eye-catching decorations and decorate your holiday table with beautifully lit holiday candles. One great candle to decorate with is the Cire Trudon Nazareth (Smell of Christmas) Candle. Richly scented with clove, cinnamon and orange, this candle comes in a beautiful deep burgundy and gold glass jar that will look regal with your holiday décor.
4) Use scented holiday candles to keep your home smelling wonderful for guests. During the holidays, it can be a little more challenging to keep your home smelling fresh, especially with groups of guests and lots of cooking underway! Holiday scented candles can help keep your home smelling its best while you entertain.
5) Use holiday candles to unwind. Everyone is more hectic at holiday time, with long lists of gifts to buy and things to do. Lighting a candle and basking in its light or taking a candle-lit bath are wonderful ways to unwind and really appreciate the magic of the season.